Pregnancy Test – Positive Pregnancy Test – Home Pregnancy Test
Pregnancy Test – Positive Pregnancy Test – Home Pregnancy Test
The decision to take a pregnancy test can be both incredibly blissful and a storehouse of great sadness. A missed period is the most important reason to take a pregnancy test.
Your period is late this month or pregnancy symptoms are starting to appear. Are you pregnant? The simplest way to do this is with a home pregnancy test.
There are two types of pregnancy tests. The simple and ergonomic one is the urine pregnancy test, and the one that gives definite results is the blood pregnancy test. A urine pregnancy test can be easily done with a few drops of urine from pharmacies. In the blood test, we need to give blood to the laboratory and wait for the result.
These tests measure the hormone beta-hcg in your urine. After fertilization takes place, this hormone is released into the blood from the cells that will form the placenta in the future, when the embryo attaches to the uterus. On average, it doubles every other day, and the blood level starts to increase over time and after a while it starts to appear in the urine. For this reason, the beta-hcg test in the blood gives much earlier and clearer results. Pregnancy can be detected with a blood test (beta-hcg) 8-10 days after sexual intercourse, even before the expected menstrual period. This control is of vital importance, especially in the differentiation of the threat of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
Pregnancy tests may also be positive in ectopic, pregnancy, hollow (unembryonic) pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, grape pregnancy (mole pregnancy), chemical pregnancy and some rare cancers that produce B-hCG. In both tests, urine and blood pregnancy tests only reveal whether there is a pregnancy. Whether the pregnancy is normal or not can only be determined by ultrasound examination.
Both tests use the hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). HCG is produced by the placenta (the baby’s partner) just after the embryo implants in the uterus. Findings related to pregnancy occur when this hormone rises in the blood.
Urine Pregnancy Test
It can be done in two ways. After the urine is taken into a container, the test stick can be dipped into it, or the middle part of the urine is wetted while urinating. After waiting for a while, the color change is followed and it is understood whether there is a pregnancy or not.
A urine pregnancy test can be done when the expected menstrual period has passed or when differences are felt in the body when the period of grain is approaching. The safest way to test is by following the instructions of the test. There may be slight differences in different urine tests.
False positivity in urine tests means that the most important reason to evaluate the test result because there is a pregnancy without pregnancy is with the evaluation after the required time. When the first test is performed, if there is a single line, it means no pregnancy, if a faint or clear second line occurs, it means pregnancy.
Urine pregnancy test can be done at any time of the day, but since the amount of hCG in the first urine in the morning is higher, faster and more obvious results are obtained.
When Is a Urine Pregnancy Test Performed?
The most reliable time for testing is after the expected menstrual date has passed. In those with menstrual irregularity, this date may be misleading. If there is a pregnancy after the expected period has passed, the test gives an accurate result of 97-98%. In those with severe grain irregularity, the control is usually positive after 2 weeks after unprotected intercourse. However, in rare cases, since the sperm can stay alive for 1 week in relationships 1 week before ovulation, the urine test starts to be positive after about 3 weeks.
What is Early Pregnancy Test?
An early pregnancy test is done in the same way as a urine pregnancy test. Since these tests are more sensitive, positive results can be obtained in tests performed immediately after the embryo passes through the tubes and settles in the uterus. This period may even be 5-6 days before the expected menstrual date.
What is a Blood Pregnancy Test?
The way to get definitive results in a pregnancy test is to test with a blood pregnancy test. As with other tests, blood is drawn from the arm and a B-hCG test is performed in the laboratory. Although the value in the blood is not clear, it gives information about how many weeks of pregnancy:
- 5-50 mIU/L at 3 weeks of pregnancy
- 5-426 mIU/L at 4 weeks of pregnancy
- 18-7340 mIU/L at 5 weeks of pregnancy
- 1080-56500 mIU/L at 6 weeks of pregnancy
- 7650-229000 mIU/L at 7-8 weeks of pregnancy
- 25700-288000 mIU/L at 9-12 weeks of pregnancy
- 13300-254000 mIU/L at 13-16 weeks of pregnancy
- 4060-165400 mIU/L at 17-24 weeks of pregnancy
- 3640-117000 mIU/L at 25-40 weeks of pregnancy
These values are higher than expected in molar pregnancies, multiple pregnancies and some tumors.
A blood pregnancy test is not only used to detect whether we are pregnant or not. In healthy pregnancies, test values double every 2-3 days at the beginning of pregnancy. In some cases, such as chemical pregnancy and ectopic pregnancy, the increase in value may be less than expected. For one year after a molar pregnancy, a monthly test is done to prosecute whether the molar pregnancy has turned into cancer.
Advantages of Blood Pregnancy Test I
- According to the urine test, pregnancy can be detected 7-12 days earlier.
- It detects the level of B-hCG in the blood and allows the necessary evaluations for health.
Disadvantages of Blood Pregnancy Test
- It is more expensive than the urine test.
- It takes longer to get results.
- It should be done in a laboratory environment.
How Does a Pregnancy Test Detect We’re Pregnant?
Pregnancy test is done by detecting hCG hormone in blood or urine. HCG detection is proof of pregnancy. It may be due to wrong evaluations related to the test or not being done in a suitable time.
When Should a Pregnancy Test Be Done?
The delay in the expected grain date is sufficient for a home urine pregnancy test. Delayed grain is often the first sign of pregnancy. Urine tests are on average 97% accurate. If the test is done too early, it may give a false-negative result (you are pregnant even though the control says you are not). If menstruation has not started after a few days, it is necessary to repeat the test.
A blood pregnancy test is more sensitive than a urine test. Pregnancy detection can be made even before the expected grain date. Even if the result is negative, it is necessary to repeat the pregnancy test in the blood in case of delay in menstruation.
A positive urine test indicates that you are pregnant. Only with ultrasound can we understand whether this pregnancy is a normal intrauterine pregnancy or an abnormal pregnancy.
A negative pregnancy test does not always mean you are not pregnant. The test may have been done too early or the test may have been corrupted. If there is no menstruation within a few days despite a negative pregnancy test, the control should be renewed and examined.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pregnancy Test
- When is the earliest pregnancy obvious? It can be detected even 5-6 days before the expected grain date with pregnancy tests. However, since there is a suspicion of pregnancy when the grain is delayed, we usually do the test after the expected menstrual date.
- When should a pregnancy test be done? It can be done even 10-12 days after the suspected intercourse. It can be done after a period delay in regular menstruation. The test can be repeated after 3-5 days if the first control is negative and if there is no number.
- What are the advantages of a blood pregnancy test? Judging by the urine test, it gives earlier results. It is used not only in the pregnancy, but also in the follow-up of pregnancy-related problems.
- Is the pregnancy test result evaluated well? Even if it is faint in the urine, the second line appears within the specified time and the value in the blood is above 10 Iu/l, indicating pregnancy.
- What should be the blood pregnancy test value? A blood value above 10 Iu/L indicates pregnancy. However, on ultrasound, we can see the gestational sac after the value reaches 1500 Iu/L.
- What is an early pregnancy test and when will it be clear? An early pregnancy test is a test to find out if you are pregnant as soon as possible. It may be obvious even 5-6 days before the expected grain date.
- How is pregnancy understood apart from the test? Some women may immediately feel early pregnancy symptoms such as breast tenderness, nausea, spotting and bleeding. Except for tests, the only way to find out about pregnancy is with ultrasound.
- What does a faint line mean on a urine pregnancy test? If the second line is faint in the early period in the urine pregnancy test, it means pregnancy suspicion. A faint line that appears after the specified time in the test does not indicate pregnancy.
- How many days after intercourse will the pregnancy be evident? Sperm stay alive in the body for up to 5-6 days and eggs for 1 day. If there is intercourse 5-6 days before ovulation, pregnancy can be positive 13-14 days after intercourse, and 7-8 days later, if intercourse occurs on the day of ovulation.
- What is the best pregnancy test? Both urine and blood pregnancy tests are highly sensitive. Depending on the situation, urine and blood tests may be preferred.
- Does doing the pregnancy test in the morning give better results? Pregnancy tests can be done every hour, but because morning urine is more intense than daytime urine, it gives results in the earlier period.
- Is menstrual delay due to pregnancy? The most common cause of grain delay in women is pregnancy. On average, 70% of women with delayed periods have a positive pregnancy test.
- What is dual control? The double test is a test performed at 11-13 weeks of pregnancy to find out if the baby has a chromosomal disease. It is a test that reports the probability of an increase in the possibility of disability by looking at the baby’s ultrasound measurements, the mother’s age and certain hormones in the blood.
- What is a blood compatibility test? It is a condition that occurs when a mother with Rh(-) blood group gets pregnant from a Rh(+) father and the baby’s blood group is Rh(+) and may cause problems in the mother’s next pregnancy. If there is a blood incompatibility, a blood incompatibility injection is given at the 28th week of pregnancy and, if necessary, at birth.
- Can a baby gender test be done? The sex of babies is 13-14. By week, ultrasound can also be seen. 9-10. The baby chromosome test, which is made from the mother’s blood from the week of Gender can be learned with the RI, but blood sex determination is not legal in our country.